[POTW: 6] Papercraft Objects - First Prototype

Papercraft prototype 1 - Daruma template v2.

Using a few different variations of my V2 papercraft template, I found flat across that I need much larger tabs, or possibly interlocking tabs to solve the issue of gluing it together if I stay with the heavier weight 300gsm cardstock for the final piece. I do want to make the base of V2 taller or to use less sides of the polygon to make the glueing process easier if I keep the height as is. I found using the 300gsm cardstock difficult to fold cleanly but it does hold a nicer crease.

I would like to experiment with the  V1 or V2 template with the face plate still separate piece from the body and the body split in two or more pieces (vertically?), plus tweaking the base; instead of having 3 cut pieces of the current prototype. 
Here is the first of the two prototypes I've made so far. The second one is still a work in progress.
The second prototype 🥲
I found that having the body split horizontally made it a janky process trying to get the glue to hold. I definitely need larger tabs and probably better glue!


-K.

Comments