[7.] Reverse Engineered Object: Selection

For the next assignment, we are reverse engineering an existing object with 3D modeling through Rhino 8. One of the main requirements for the project is that the object can be dismantled and rebuilt and has mechanical components or is made from multiple parts. 

My three first picks for the selected objects are a PS4 controller, a mini tripod, and
a 1 ounce portion scoop. I also chose two other backup objects, one an ancient relic of the 90s - a Crazy Duck hair dryer... called Mr. Quackers, and a toy ladybug.

I chose these objects because the controller has movable parts like the joysticks and back bumpers, the tripod is collapsible, the hair dryer has a fan and sliding dial, the ladybug has wheels and a windup, and the portion scoop has a clicky thing. 


I decided against the portion scoop because I can't take it apart.

After dismantling the objects, turns out the controller and ladybug have way more parts than I expected..

That's all for now.


-K.



[2/27/24] edit*:

It's been decided, I'm creating the tripod.

Comments