[6.] Surface Design Study: Laser Cut Sample (New and Improved!)

 

Laser cut samples no.2 and no.3


Last week I re-did my laser cuts as two slightly different iterations of the original with new settings on the hatching. The max depth of these cuts was set to 75% instead of 90% and the lightest being 10%/no greyscale. The final cuts were both just under 5"x6".


My crispy laser cut no.1

2D Surface pattern for the laser cut sample

The new greyscale settings for no.2 and no.3


If I were to change anything about the two new samples, I would invert the outer border to 0% greyscale instead of 75% or add an additional border around that perimeter at no grey scaling. I found that although the colour is nice, it makes the edges of the samples more fragile. It's an improvement though from my first sample.

That's all for now :)

-K. 

Comments